Mark is CFO of Franintell, Inc., a consulting company dedicated to serving franchisors and multi-unit franchisees. Franintel works with clients, including those in distress, to help reposition the brand, develop or upgrade franchise platforms that will enhance and enable growth, provide temporary management where needed, develop business models with realistic exit strategies, assist with execution where necessary, and advise on capital formation and transactions.
Mark is a former Managing Director of The McLean Group LLC, an investment bank where his focus was on franchising, hospitality and technology.
Mark is also an experienced business valuator, consultant, and recognized expert witness in several states’ courts, US District Court, and Bankruptcy Court. Over the past 40 years, Mark has worked with clients in many industries and has special background and knowledge in the franchise business model, construction, real estate, food services, retail, hospitality, technology, business services, distribution, and healthcare.
In 2005, Mark co-founded CapVal-American Business Appraisers where he is currently its Managing Member. His focus is on value, value enhancement, and litigation support.
Mark is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys hiking with his dogs in northern Georgia, Wyoming, and Canada when he is away from the office. He resides in Atlanta with his wife Ruth.
- FINRA (Series 7, Series 63, Series 79)
- Accredited in Business Appraisal Review (ABAR)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Southeast Franchise Forum (SEFF)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSPCA)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
University of Vermont